Activation Error

Aug 13, 2010 at 1:34 PM
I successfully installed your Permissions Manager, but when I went to activate it, I received the following error: "Specified argument was out of the range of valid values" I'm not sure what information would be helpful to possibly get a resolution to this issue. Please let me know, and I'll be happy to give you whatever is needed. Thanks! Derek
Feb 23, 2012 at 6:24 AM

Hi,

I am also facing the same error. It works neither from wsp nor from code using visual studio 2010. I am not getting the error exactly.

Thanks in advance.

Coordinator
Feb 23, 2012 at 7:19 AM

Hi,

when do you get this error, and what's the exact message ?

Feb 23, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Hi,

I done this today only. I tried to deployed it with visual studio and also from Central Admin.

Feb 23, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Hi,

Trying many different methods Finally I got success with "stsadm" function. It is working fine but still I am unable to deploy it through VS2010. But now it was not so much important.

Thanks

Coordinator
Feb 23, 2012 at 1:38 PM

OK, greats !

I don't see why you couldn't deploy it with VS2010, but stsadm or powershell is the best method.

Jul 16, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Hey, did you ever find out the cause of this? I get the same error.

Deployment Status: Error
Deployed To: None
Last Operation Result: The installation of features failed during deployment of the solution.
Last Operation Details: DEV4 : Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
DEV4 : Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.

I do get an error when I load up the source code but it still seems to build just fine
Jul 19, 2013 at 1:53 PM
The issue is related to the Menu file. I removed the menu link as a feature, then it deployed fine. I was still able to visit the permissions manager and use it fine after that, I'll just have to make my own link to it.
Coordinator
Jul 19, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Good news ! Thank you for posting your analyse and solution.