Where to run the install ?

Jul 27, 2011 at 12:38 PM

It is not clear from the screenshots just where this is supposed to be deployed - is it a GAC Solution which you then activate at any SCs which you require it, or is it to be deployed to individual Web Applications ? I am also presuming that if you deploy to one Web Application, the permissions available will only be for the sites, subsityes, lists, libraries etc for THAT SC ? Should we be creating a separate SITE to host this, or a Web Part ? Please elaborate as I am keen to test this out.

Merci beaucoups

Coordinator
Jul 27, 2011 at 1:07 PM

Hi,

this component is deployed as a Web Application feature, and can be activated for each web app.

When it's done, a new entry menu appears in Site Settings menu, Users and Permissions section. You don't have anything else to do, only click on the link to access the included system page with table reports.

Jul 27, 2011 at 2:15 PM

After adding, ran...

Install-SpSolution -identity "permissionsmanager2010.wsp" -gacdepployment

(note that if I used the switch -webapplication <web_app>, I got an error saying this feature not scoped for individual applications. Also if I used "AllWebApplications" I received an error saying unable to find webapplication "AllWeb Applications")

This installed the feature correctly AND activated it in all Web Applications EXCEPT CA, which I activated manually. I have another question now which I have put in separate discussion.

Thanks for your help.