Permissionsmanager on WSS 3.0

Nov 2, 2011 at 5:40 PM

I have downloaded this .wsp file and have absolutely no idea how to install it.  Can someone give me a list of steps to follow?  I've found a bunch of confusing posts here and elsewhere that have not helped.

BTW......very little knowledge of stsadm...be gentle :-)

Thank you.

Nov 14, 2011 at 1:47 PM

First you need to add the solution to the store ussing this command

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\BIN>stsadm -o addsolution -filename PermissionsManager.wsp

after this you need to deploy the solution

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\BIN>stsadm -o deploysolution -name PermissionsManager.wsp -local -allowgacdeployment

and the last thing to do is go to the central administration and implement the solution

Jun 30, 2012 at 9:30 AM

I have added and deployed the solution

then I have activated the solution in the central administration>application management> manage web application

but it didnt appear in the site setting

I dont know where to find and use it

thanks for any help

Coordinator
Jun 30, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Verify where you have activated the solution, maybe it's not on the right webapplication

Dec 26, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Hello,

I have done the installation. Now when doing the deployment I am getting an error: "This solution contains resources scoped for a Web application and must be deployed to one or more Web applications.". Should I run the command C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\BIN>stsadm -o deploysolution -name PermissionsManager.wsp -local -allowgacdeployment for the 12 web application I have on the server?

I have 12 web applications, then sites and sub-sites.

Thanks,

Dom